Fall Toddler Meal Inspirations

I don’t know about you, but I was falling into a serious chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, and pizza rut. The boys haven’t had veggie pouches since they were little, and they tend to only have the yogurt pouches now. Needless to say, they haven’t had many vegetables at home besides maybe corn and carrots. Thankfully they eat healthy at school with their snacks. For example, they have peppers and carrots and other vegetables with different sauces and dressings. However, I tend to make them quick and easy meals when I get home from work like peanut butter sandwiches since they can’t have peanut butter at school. 


Tonight, I decided to pull it out of the fridge and incorporate it into my usual homemade pancake recipe. To make the squash, I just warm it up, cut it in half, sprinkle a little cinnamon on it and put it  face down on a baking sheet in the oven. It makes the house smell so nice. I usually keep it in the fridge and it can accompany any meal very quickly and easily.  The boys loved the sweet addition and again, it made the house smell awesome. I mixed together some eggs, flour, squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond milk, and baking soda. I mixed it in the magic bullet and made about 6 pancakes. I drizzled a little maple syrup, served them alongside a few apple slices, and all the boys loved them. It was a nice change!!




I also buy the whole milk plain yogurt and add a swirl of honey. Caden especially needs the fat - and he LOVES his yogurt. I sometimes make smoothies with this yogurt as well and add spinach and other veggies. When I add ice to it, they even call it ice cream! Hahaha lucky me!




They were sharing their protein smoothies with Cal. He loved being included!





With the holidays coming up, I needed a fresh healthy meal idea. Plus, at the beginning of this week, Jim and I decided to make a run to Whole Foods and grab a couple of healthy pouches, some lean meats, and a few fall vegetables. The boys love when I make smoothies so I tend to throw a few vegetables in there as well as some healthy fats. I swear they act happier when they eat healthier. Do any of you see the same???

Here are some other recent memories like our trip down the Cape, visits to Home Depot on Saturday morning, and a few pics from school these days.







All for now! Enjoy your Friday tomorrow, and the weekend before Thanksgiving! :) Here are some side dish ideas from the last few years...

xo,
Shaz


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is What Miscarriage Looks Like…

Cals Feb Vacation journal

Read Across America Week!